Monday, December 7, 2009

New Things!
A friend of mine dropped off persimmons the other day. I am not a fan of persimmons, but growing up my family had a persimmon tree in the backyard and my mom would make persimmon bread that I loved, so I decided to make some.

It turned out pretty good, although I think next time I'll try my mother's recipe to see it come out a little more like a dessert bread. The kind I made came out more like a breakfast bread.

I can't really complain, however, as I am currently enjoying a breakfast of persimmon bread, a miniature tangerine, and silk formosa oolong tea.
Delicious!


Here's a picture of my current favorite fall/winter outfit, and one of my many weaves:
It's cold outside! 30 lows and 40 highs in Oakland, and we're at the low end, being right by the water.

No comments:

Post a Comment