Wednesday, January 13, 2010

1970!

I always loved my parents' old pictures from their 'glory days' in the 1970s.
I'm actually quite envious of the sort of stuff they got up to! They traveled so much. My parents met each other in a political philosophy class, which goes to figure since I went on to become a Philosophy major; the perfect product of their union!
Anyway, here are some of my favorites from the mid to late 1970s, I'll start with Hawaii and other miscellaneous locations:


My mom.


































My dad.


























Total 70s! I love the shirt....
































San Francisco.....






Another one of my mom, with my dad reflected in her amazing 70s sunglasses! I now own that camera he's using.





















My all time FAVORITE picture of my mom:

Note the giant bowie knife and the hatchet. Because either one on it's own just wasn't enough, apparently. I have no idea what they were up to on this trek, but it looks amazing.
I know that at the time, my mom worked for the EPA as an entomologist, so she was often out and about getting dirty and playing with bugs. What a badass...
Also, my dad took all of the pictures excepting the ones he was in.

2 comments:

  1. Your mom looks like a non-manly version of Linda Hamilton.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I told my mom you said that, she said that people had actually told her that before :)

    ReplyDelete