Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Soft Animal

I want to be high on life. I just made the most delicious scrabbled eggs with oregano, marjoram, and cheddar cheese. I enjoyed it so much that it literally tasted like happiness, especially with my tung ting ginseng oolong tea. I want more of that, simply enjoying what is happening to me.

I feel like I want to get out in that light, windy rain and go through a hike some place where there are trees, where it is green, gray, and heather brown....which could be many a place right now.

I found this poem on another blog today:

WILD GEESE
by Mary Oliver


You do not have to be good.

You do not have to walk on your knees

For a hundred miles through the desert, repenting.

You only have to let the soft animal of your body

love what it loves.

Tell me about your despair, yours, and I will tell you mine.

Meanwhile the world goes on.

Meanwhile the sun and the clear pebbles of the rain

are moving across the landscapes,

over the prairies and the deep trees,

the mountains and the rivers.

Meanwhile the wild geese, high in the clean blue air,

are heading home again.

Whoever you are, no matter how lonely,

the world offers itself to your imagination,

calls to you like the wild geese, harsh and exciting —

over and over announcing your place

in the family of things.



"You do not have to walk on your knees

For a hundred miles through the desert, repenting.

You only have to let the soft animal of your body

love what it loves."
That part is my favorite.
Speaking of soft animals:
Me and my Tigerlily. She's still growing!
Yesterday we went out to the Marin Headlands for a fashion photoshoot. I don't have the pictures of myself modeling yet, but here are some of the location:



















I didn't take any of these, hopefully we can post our own soon. It was a post-Apocalyptic themed shoot, you could see how that would work out in a place like this:



























After that we went to Aziza for dinner. It was fantastic! I wish I could afford to eat there more often but sadly it is far, far out of my price range, we were only able to go because I had a gift certificate.
I had vegetable couscous with black trumpet mushrooms, and for dessert I had hazelnut dacquoise with pear, and burnt honey ice cream. It was as amazing as it sounds.

No comments:

Post a Comment