Tuesday, November 17, 2009

A Backlog of Art Part III



2008-Present: Getting back to naturalism, texture, mixed media, sepia and GOLD!

This was a commission for an acquaintance, whose girlfriend does tribal fusion dance:


watercolor, pencil, pen, marker, and a little bit of gold leaf paint. You can't see the gold on this at all, this was before I figured out how to make it show up on digital copies of my art, but there's a faint halo and her jewelry is embellished with it.


Sepia pen and marker, also my first successful photoshop-created textured background.






Getting into the archaic, the mysterious, and the vintage. Using motifs inspired by art nouveau and illustrators from the Golden Age of Fairytale illustration such as Arthur Rackham and Edmund Dulac.











Almost caught up!
So much to share....

1 comment:

  1. You have some very nice pictures on your latest post. Everything is so beautiful in the Bay area. I wish I lived there in some ways. But Mexico's pretty nice too I guess. Judgeing from your posts, you put life in a very different perspective, which is what more of us should do. Take care of yourself.

    ReplyDelete